Defense Lawyer in Tampa
Tampa Defense Lawyer Since 1993 · Se Habla Español
I left the government side of criminal law and opened my own private criminal defense law firm in 1993. My philosophy has always remained the same: I work hard to help individuals who have been targeted by the government for criminal charges. I understand that whether you face charges for minor marijuana possession or a violent crime, you are worried about your future and may not know where to turn. Turn to Mike G Law in Tampa. You will find me committed to providing prompt, experienced guidance and support for all offenses.
I encourage you to speak to other lawyers. Once you do, you will see the difference.
Mental Illness And Substance Abuse — The Reasons For Many Criminal Offenses
Police and prosecutors know that a large percentage of criminal acts are committed because of
mental illness or substance abuse and addiction. From my perspective, it doesn’t do anyone (or society) any good to convict the person and throw him or her in jail. I have a strong reputation for working with the state attorney to find a solution that will result in treatment, not jail. If you know of someone who is facing a criminal charge because of alcoholism, drug addiction or a mental health problem, you can trust me to work hard to find a resolution that will avoid a criminal conviction, if possible.
My experience across the spectrum of criminal defense cases includes:
- Drug offenses:
Including misdemeanor charges for marijuana possession, all the way through serious felony offenses for trafficking of cocaine and illegal harmful narcotics to prescription drug fraud.
- Sex crimes:
Including aggravated sexual assault, sex crimes involving children and offenses that carry the penalty of the Florida sex offender registry. I won’t judge you. I WILL defend you.
Including first offense, second or subsequent offense DUI, felony DUI and cases involving DUI accidents resulting in injuries or fatalities. I am also ready to help protect your driving privileges if you have been charged with driving on a suspended license or without a driver’s license.
- Property crimes:
Including burglary, breaking and entering, criminal trespass, theft and possession of stolen property. Most theft and property offenses are the result of substance abuse problems. I will work toward a recovery program that sets aside a conviction upon successful completion of treatment and probation.
- Crimes of violence: Including domestic violence and false accusations that are common during custody battles in divorce or paternity cases.
- Guns and weapons charges: Including misdemeanor offenses such as illegal transport of a firearm to serious felony offenses like armed robbery. I make sure the police and prosecutor don’t confuse your Second Amendment rights with a criminal offense.
- Other criminal law services: Including bond reduction, representation at sentencing hearings, sealing of criminal records and
expungement when conditions have been met.
Whether you need help or are calling on behalf of a family member,
NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO HOPE YOUR LAWYER HAS THE RIGHT EXPERIENCE. You need an attorney who has the knowledge, determination and experience to get the best possible outcome.
My professional credentials include:
- Tampa’s Top Rated Lawyers 2014
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- 2014 Top Lawyers in Florida
- AAA+ Rating from Better Business Bureau
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Clearwater Bar Association
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Hillsborough County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Criminal Defense Section of the Florida Bar
- The Florida Justice Association
- Hillsborough County Hispanic Bar Association
Free Consultation · Credit Cards And Payment Plans · Se Habla Español
Do not delay in getting an experienced lawyer at your side. Call my office in Tampa at 813-221-4303 or send an email with a brief explanation of your criminal charges. I will schedule a time to meet with you in my office, in your home or at the police station as soon as possible.